Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lyla's great grandmas

     Lyla is lucky enough to have three wonderful great grandmothers. She has great grandma Shirley, great grandma Bodnair, and great grandma Doc. Lyla met GG Doc when she was a week old. She met GG Shirley when she was 2 months old. And today she will get to meet GG Bodnair.
     Lyla has not been rolling over anymore. She did it twice while I wasn't looking (one time she was mad cuz she was hungry and flipped in frustration). I put her on her belly and she lifts her whole head and shoulders off the ground. And her feet usually are flying around too. But I'm not sure if most of it is because she has on the cloth diapers which are so thick. Yesterday when Lyla and I were at my Bible study at Cristen Palumbo's house, we put Lyla on her belly and Michael on his hands and knees in front of her. They both just stared at each other. Not smiling, just staring and moving around. Lyla kicking her legs and moving her arms while Michael tried so hard to crawl to her but only ended up pushing himself farther away. Cristen wants to arrange a marriage between Lyla and Michael because she says Lyla is so beautiful. Since there were like 8 boys and only 3 girls born in the church this year I tell Lyla the odds are in her favor. Mike says she is not going to meet any of them til she is 35!
     Lyla went to the chiropractor on Tuesday. Well, actually momma went to get her massage and back fixed (I've been going since I was 3 months pregnant). While I was there Dr Runyan saw Lyla was all congested. She offered to adjust her to help. I figured it helps me when I have a runny nose why not let Lyla try it. Dr Runyan just held her neck in a certain spot and let Lyla wiggle until it had adjusted. Then for her back she gave Lyla a mini bear hug adjust one spot on her spine. Some people may think I am crazy for letting Dr Runyan do that but I trust her because I have been see her a couple times a week for 6 months while I was pregnant. She is a mom of a 2 yr old so we bonded over our babies. Now Mike sees her every week and I see her every other week. Dr Runyan told me Lyla might sleep really well after being adjusted. Lyla slept all night without waking since then which is nice because the congestion kept her up the night before. When I told my friend Katie Cross she made an appt that day for her 5 month old, Juliet. Now Juliet sleeps through the night which she has never done before. You cant argue with two sleeping babies!
In addition to Lyla sleeping all night I have gotten her to take atleast 2 naps a day now instead of catnaps here and there. Her new nap time routine is I put her on her belly in her bed, turn on her mobile which plays music, and pat her back. She usually watches the mobile for a bit then just closes her eyes and sleeps for like 2 hours. This all started only after she was adjusted. I just cant believe it. I finally have a routine with naps so I can get things done during the day. I hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment