Lyla is 4 months old now. I want her to freeze at this stage. She just started laughing like all the time. It is my absolute favorite to tickle her or make funny faces and noises. She gets giggling and if you keep going she gets a real belly laugh once or twice. It is so much fun. I could make her laugh forever. But I know I can't freeze her because she is going to start sitting up soon and then something else will be new and fun. I just feel like now, after four months of not being sure what she is thinking, I finally get to see she loves me back and is happy with me.
Lyla got to see her first snow fall yesterday. It was enough to cover the car and stick to the evergreens. Big puffy white snowflakes fell on her while she was getting in and out of the car. It was a beautiful snow. She wore a big snow suit and her winter hat with the ear flaps.
I also had to make the decision to stop breastfeeding Lyla yesterday. On Nov 30th we went to the pediatricion for her four month old well child check up. Lyla only weighs 11 lbs. Which is barely more that she weighed two months ago. In the beginning I was full of milk and Lyla ate well. I noticed she was starting to get more agitated when feeding but didn't know why. Dr. Jones, the pediatricion said I must not be producing enough milk but that I could still nurse and then give her a bottle to supplement. I did this the next day and Lyla downed a 5 oz bottle. So my conclusion is that I was producing some but very little and Lyla would be better off just taking formula. I have already dried up after only stopping for one day! So it was the right choice. Lyla will go back in a month for a weight check. She is also eating oatmeal and avacodo once a day. Some is getting in but a large amount is still coming back out. Last night she managed to get it up her nose and in her eye!
No comments:
Post a Comment