Monday, March 28, 2011

Lyla at 8 months

As of March 23rd, Lyla is 8 months old. How did that go by so fast? There are certain skills 8 mos old are supposed to have or still be learning. Lyla is just off the charts. She has been banging toys together with both hands for months but that is supposed to be advanced? Then there is the crawling, which she is supposed to be doing by now. She does not like to be on her belly or face down. She would rather sit, which has led to pulling up.
Yesterday Mike and I were on the floor with Lyla playing. She pulled up and was just standing there. Then all of a sudden she just let go! She stood there for a sec or so before falling on her behind. Then she did it again! I couldn't believe it. Mike and I were speechless and just stared at her until she fell over. Today all she wants to do is stand. And the bouncer will not do, it has to be holding on to Mike or I.
At lunch today I gave Lyla little bits of bread. She picked them up with her pincer grasp but wouldn't put them in her her mouth. So I got the spoon and put the bread on that. She actually let me put the bread in her mouth. She chewed for second then started gagging, even though the bread wasn't near her throat. Before I could help her she ended up swallowing the bread. I guess she realized it wasn't that bad because she let me feed her two more pieces. She didn't gag but actually chewed. I will try more food at dinner.
Lyla loves her daddy so much. She cries when he leaves the room and reaches for him when he comes back. Mike can't resist her when she motions that she wants him. Today Lyla and I were in the living room floor practicing standing. When Mike can in she turned and grabbed him with a death grip. Then she took 3 steps so her feet would be under her. It is so precious. She has turned into such a Daddy's girl.
Lyla has gotten two teeth, both bottom teeth. The first one came the last week in Feb. The second one came in the middle of March. It was really tough watching her be so upset with the pain. She would grab at her teeth which only made her cry more. We gave into Tylenol a couple times.
Also we are expecting again! Baby #2 is due Sept 25th so we are in the second trimester already. On May 2nd we will be having the ultrasound the find out if it is a boy or girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment