Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lyla at 8 months

Lyla has been growing so fast in the last 2 weeks. She has started babbling, clapping, getting teeth, crawling, and standing.
Lyla usually talks when she feels like it but today she didn't stop all day! She woke up at 6 am this morning. Instead of wanting to get out of bed she played with her toys, babbled a ton, and giggled some. It was nice to wake up to but a little early for Mike and I, lol. Thank goodness she was content until 7. I was so funny to hear her go dadadada. That is all she said today.
I guess she had a lot of time with her daddy this weekend while I was at a wonderful women's retreat. She didn't want anyone today but her daddy. Mike had to be a single daddy friday night and all day saturday. He said Lyla and him had a wonderful time just playing and hanging out at home. I was worried about them but Mike sent me pictures so I could see she was ok.
She is getting her top left tooth.  The top tooth is a big bulge in her gums and will probably break through in the next few days. The bottom teeth are continuing to grow more.
Lyla has started clapping her hands. Though she has been hitting two toys together since she was 5 months, she just recently realized her hands make noise. Usually if you clap she will mimick it and clap too.
Her biggest advancement by far has been her crawling and standing.  All she has wanted to do in the last two weeks is standing. NO sitting and defenitely NO on her belly. So I thought she was just going to skip crawling. Then she learned how to sit herself up from laying down. I have been finding her sitting up in her bed almost every morning I go to get her up. Then she started to get up on her hands and knees more but wouldn't trying to crawl, just go from hands and knees to sitting. But that all changed today when she was sitting on the bed in our room. Mike was not near her so, of course, she wanted to be near him. she moved a knee first then a hand. She moved a total of two crawl moves! But then she just wanted her daddy and couldn't wait. But Mike and I were amazed that she got 2 moves in!
Now I don't know what to expect next from Lyla. Will she walk or crawl? It has been fun and interesting for Mike and I to watch Lyla growing up and changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment